7 Ways to Stick to Exercising. Collaboration with Junge Hallo.
This article will help you learn how to make exercising a habit, how to implement it in your busy schedule and most importantly how to make it enjoyable while getting the benefits of it. There are many reasons to exercise such has dealing with stress, improving your physical health and mental state of mind, boosting your self-confidence and the list goes on. However getting into the habit of exercising takes the right mindset and a smart approach so it gets integrated in your life seamlessly and permanently.
1. Don’t go out to the gym for hours and torture yourself with painful/ boring activities. Doing a little exercise goes a long way start with as little as a 5 minute session doing something simple like pushups and jumping jacks. Something as small as that can already show and make you feel the beneficial effects on your physical, emotional and mental health. Remember to not demotivate yourself and focus on the positive and look at your past mistakes as opportunities to grow and learn from.
2. You won’t get into shape overnight, just like you didn’t get out of shape overnight, it takes some time and it’s a process, excepting to much to soon can be a great demotivater and leads to frustration. Focus on staying consistent with your efforts however small they are and the results will come in time.
Get past the excuses such as “I’m to busy” “I’m to tired” “I’m to fat or to old” “Exercise is to difficult and painful ” and the list goes on.. Use all these excuse as motivation. Challenge yourself to overcome them even if it’s just doing some exercise for a minute. Start small everything needs to start small to grow into something great.
3. Something is always better than nothing. That’s why even just one minute of exercise is better than nothing. Go out to a park, walk for a while enjoy the fresh air. Aim for exercise in the moderate category which is when you can still talk in full sentences but not sing. This is enough to improve your overall health, you shouldn’t be sweating to much but feel warmer.. Try not to over do it especially at first.
4. If you have medical concerns get medical clearance and always warm up before exercising. Do some stretching and flexing before and also cool down with some light jogging, stretching or walking so your heart rate goes back to normal. Remember to drink enough water especially on hot conditions and don’t keep going if you feel pain. Slow down and of you feel better after short rest resume gently.
5. Start with easy exercise goals which you know you can achieve and build from there, this will help you to start small and slowly build up momentum. Build triggers that will make you do your exercise without thinking about it. A trigger can be anything such a alarm ringing, a certain time of day, an object such as seeing your running shoes. Give yourself a reward for keeping up with your goals a reward such as watching a movie, taking a bath, having a cup of tea. Make sure to reward yourself after you’ve done your exercises.
6. Exercise doesn’t always have to be going to the gym or going for a jog. There are many other activities which can be done which are more enjoyable and at the same time help you exercise. These include : skating, horseback riding, hiking, swimming, kayaking, rock climbing, rollerblading, skiing, volleyball. Another thing to make it more enjoyable is to pair your exercise with something you love doing such as watching tv while cycling on a stationary bike, take photographs while hiking, or listen to music while jogging.
7. Maybe you will lose interest eventually and that’s the time to change the exercise routine and come up with new ways to help you look forward to it and keep at it. Keep a record of your activities it will help you to visualize how far you’ve come. Make an effort to find communities which motivate you whether they’re on social media or in real. Find people who will encourage and support your efforts. Find inspirational quotes and read then when you’re feeling down. Finally read and get informed about exercising, it will help you to get motivated and help you to make it a lifestyle.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
follow me on social media:
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for exchanging back links and for guest posting.
Don’t have a blog or website yet? Click here to start yours, it’s super easy and free..
I want to thank Junge Hallo for this great collaboration. Junge is a very talented blogger and it was pleasure working with a great talent.