How to Properly Use Disposable Gloves
I have seen people everywhere wearing disposable gloves to help protect themselves from the coronavirus. But, do you know that there is a proper way to actually wear and use disposable gloves?
The first problem I see with people wearing these gloves are, once they have touched a surface or an item, they are then using the same gloves to grab their cell phones for example. Once the glove has been exposed to any surface the glove is now contaminated and will not protect you. You see people getting in their vehicles and eating food in their cars with these same gloves that they wore in stores. This is definitely something that you should not being doing. You will be contaminating your vehicle and personal items so the gloves defeats the purpose.
Disposable gloves are not designed to kill viruses and germs, they are only designed to be worn to keep your hands protected then after use immediately thrown away. Before you touch any personal surfaces or items the gloves need to be thrown out.
Here are tips on the proper way to put on the gloves and proper way to throwing the gloves away.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with antibacterial soap.
- Put the gloves on.
- Do your shopping or cleaning your home without touching anything unnecessarily items or surfaces that already have been cleaned.
- Carefully remove glove by grabbing the cuff edge and pulling it off inside out to prevent the outside of the glove touching anything.
- Throw the gloves away one at a time in a no touch trash can. If you do not have a no touch trash can, once you take the first glove off, get a plastic bag and throw both gloves in the bag. Wash your hands and then dispose the bag before you touch your trash can lid. Another way is to simply leave your trash can lid open prior to wearing your gloves so when you are done with the task you can simply dispose the gloves without touching the lid.
- Wash your hands again for 20 seconds with antibacterial soap.
The CDC has been putting information that you should clean your home with disposable gloves on. Yes, this is a great way to clean your home, but you have to remember, do not clean a surface then touch the same surface you just disinfected. All you are doing is recontamining that surface. Clean the surface or area of your home you are working on and throw the gloves away before moving to the next area.
If you do not want to have to do the hassle of wearing gloves in the grocery store the best way to protect yourself is simply carry hand sanitizer. After ever item you touch that needs to be put in your cart just put hand sanitizer on your hands. The coronavirus will not enter your body through your skin. The virus enters your body when you do not wash your hands or use hand sanitizer and you then rub your eyes or nose. This is why hand washing is so important. Hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol is a really good substitute for washing your hands when you are grocery shopping.
If you choose to wear gloves I hope these tips help you better understand the proper way to use disposable gloves.
I hope everyone keeps healthy and safe, KEEP WASHING YOUR HANDS!
Thoughts By Fiddler http://www.facebook.com/fiddler001 #thoughtsbyfiddler
If you would like to be a guest blogger feel free to Contact Me. I am always open to working with other fellow bloggers.
Tip the Fiddler
I want to thank all my readers for their support. Any tip money I receive I will use to keep my blog site going. Thank You to everyone for reading my blog.